This page contains early details of the archaeological investigations carried out so far in the Hanneys. These are:
- The Survey of the possible fish ponds in Garastane Paddock conducted in 2018. A report on this is being completed.
- The considerable number of finds unearthed from Kings Lease field, almost exclusively by Marion Carter and assessed by Elise Fraser
- Test pit 1 in West Hanney excavated by Paul Sayers and Bill Orson in February 2019
- Test Pit 2 in West Hanney
- The possible apple shed at North End Cottage in Ebbs Lane. A preliminary report is attached below:
- The results from test pits 1 and 2 are summarised in the PDF below: http://hanneyhistory.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Test-Pits-Local-Archaeology-two-test-pits-2-3.pdf