Idian Cottages circa 1920
Main Street West Hanney Idian cottages are no longer thatched but the frontages are substantially the same as shown in the photo. They also offered West Hanney's last shop until about 1993? The stay for the sign still remains. The cottages are now split into a house and two flats. The cottage beyond them was replaced by the current Elm View in about 1937. Elms can also probably be seen in the distance. The photo is believed to date from before 1920 but was tinted later for exhibition in the village hall.